Eddy Nicholas O. Orinda Snr.
Corporate & Commercial
Eddy is the Managing Partner & Head of Commercial/Corporate Law Department. He is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with vast experience in Commercial & Corporate Law practice. Eddy advises clients on major legal transactions including joint ventures, company formation, cross border commercial transactions, public health & medical law. With considerable experience on the Eastern European legal system & business environment, international business dynamics and a working knowledge of Russian, English and Ukrainian languages Eddy has advised a number of companies from Eastern Europe on strategic partnerships with both private companies in Kenya and the Government of the Republic of Kenya.
English (Excellent), French (Elementary) Swahili (
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Candidate – Doctor of Legal Letters (LL.D), ‘National University’ Odessa Law Academy, August 2014 — Ongoing (Expected in 2016).
- LL.D Thesis Dissertation – ‘International Legal Cooperation in the Fight Against Infectious Diseases in Africa”
- Master of Legal Letters (LL.M) International Law, National University’ Odessa Law Academy , September 2013 — May 2014
- LL.M Thesis Dissertation: Criminal Justice System in Africa –The Rome Statute, Jurisdiction & Limitation of the African Court of Justice (ACJ)
- Bachelor of Legal Letters (LL.B) in International Law, National University’ Odessa Law Academy, September 2005 — June 2009.
- Diploma in Pre Law & Russian Language, International Education Center (IEC) National University of Karazina, August 2004 — June 2005
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, The Kenya School of Law (KSL), January 2010 — November 2010.
- Candidate – Master of Business Administration (MBA) Entrepreneurship, Kenya Methodist University (KeMU), September 2011 — Ongoing (Expected in 2016).
Summary of Experience:
- Advised & represented a diverse group of international/foreign clients in commercial and negotiation matters.
- Advised & met with clients overseas and developed partnership strategy based on clients needs and recommendations for purposes of doing business in Kenya including negotiating contracts for the clients with the government of Kenya. Pursued each case in full.
- Advised clients & consistently achieved favourable results , including a settlement in which I assisted a school in Kenya in re negotiating and structuring a debt of over Kshs. 68, 000, 000.
- Advised, successfully established and managed a diverse range of projects from conception through implementation including but not limited to i). Being among the first to convince Ukrainian investors to develop an interest in Kenya by organizing the first ever Kenya – Ukraine investment forum officially presided over by H.E the Ambassador of Ukraine to the Republic of Kenya and ii). Being the first to lead an official government delegation from the office of the Prime Minister of Kenya in negotiations with potential investor in Ukraine in 2012/13.
- Advised & successfully established the several trusts from scratch and raised over USD 200.000 to finance the annual medical camps in Vihiga County, Kenya.
- Advised & successfully acted as a link between the governments of Ukraine (through the Embassy of Ukraine) and Kenya (through the Office of the Prime Minister of Kenya) in building and fostering diplomatic and business relations between Kenya & Ukraine.
- Currently advising a client in Uganda over a land transaction worth over Kshs. 400,000,000
- Member, Law Society of Kenya (LSK)
- Member, Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF) of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Member, East African Law Society (EALS)
- Member, International Commission of Jurists (ICJ)
- Member, Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA),
- Member, The Kenya National Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KNCCI) Vihiga County (Legislation & Local Authorities Committee).